- Faculty of Agriculture
- Affiliated Institutions and related organizations
- The Faculty Report
Graduate School of Agricultural and Life Sciences (GSALS) has a history of more than one hundred and thirty years. The Agricultural Training School of the Ministry of Home Affairs, the predecessor of GSALS, was established in 1874. It became the Komaba School of Agriculture in 1882, and was merged with School of Forestry to form the Tokyo School of Agriculture and Forestry in 1886. The Tokyo School of Agriculture and Forestry became the College of Agriculture of the Imperial University consisting of three Departments: Agriculture, Forestry and Veterinary Science. It was renamed Faculty of Agriculture of the Imperial University of Tokyo in 1919. In 1935, the Faculty moved from Komaba to its present location. The Imperial University of Tokyo was renamed University of Tokyo in 1947 and was reorganized under the new educational system. For more details, refer to "History of the Faculty of Agriculture, the University of Tokyo" (in Japanese but with many photos).
Faculty of Agriculture
Graduate School of Agricultural and Life Sciences
Affiliated Institutions and related organizations
The Faculty Report
This material briefly introduces the departments and affiliated facilities of the Graduate School of Agricultural and Life Sciences/Faculty of Agriculture in English.
It has been published every other year as a booklet until 2021 when we changed the format to a leaflet.
・Download The Faculty Report (2021) (PDF file 10MB)
・Download the previous booklet (PDF file 9MB)
The booklet contains the history, statistics, organizations, etc., of the Graduate School of Agricultural and Life Sciences/Faculty of Agriculture.