Current students in need of various certificates may apply for an issuing by following the application procedure below.

* For alumni, please refer the following web page.  → Obtaining various certificates (For alumni)

The University of Tokyo Faculty of Agriculture
Academic affairs Division
Undergraduate Student Section / Graduate Student Section


1.How to apply for certificates for current students

A:Type of certificates, processing times

  Student Classification Type of Certificate Language Processing Time (after receiving request)
Automatic certificate issuing machine

In-person/ Mail-in

Regular Students Undergraduate
<3rd , 4th year student>
Certificate of student status
Academic Transcript : including the Junior division (1st ,2nd year)
Certificate of Expected Graduation
(4th year undergraduate students only)



Same day (Weekday 9:00〜17:00) About 1 week
Student Discount Japanese Same day
Graduate school students
<Master’s course>
<Doctoral course>
Certificate of Enrollment
Academic Transcript
Certificate of Expected Course Completion (2nd year master’s students only)



About 1 week
Student discount Japanese Same day
Non-regular students Undergraduate Research students
Graduate research students
International research students
Certificate of Enrollment
Certificate of Term of Research



Not available.

* Non-regular students need to apply for certificates at the service counter or by mail.


About 1 week
  • [*] For PhD candidates, a “Certificate of Expected Degree Conferral” will be issued instead of a “Certificate of Expected Course Completion”, after the dissertation application.
  • Processing times for issuing do not include business holidays. Please allow plenty of time when applying.
  • For certificates other than those listed above, contact the office referenced in "2.Contact information for inquiries regarding certificates for current students".

B:Applying at an automatic certificate issuing machine or the administrative service counter 

Automatic certificate issuing machine

* Not available for alumni and research students

■Location of the automatic certificate issuing machine (Yayoi campus)

■Operating hours

  • Operating hours : Weekdays 9:00 ~17:00 [From 2020/10/01~]
    *Operating hours may change due to the new year holiday season, entrance examinations, etc.

■How to use

  • Utokyo Account is required. If you have forgotten your Utokyo account information(password etc.), please inquire at the service counter.
  • Please do not issue more than 10 certificates at a time. If more than 10 certificates are required, please print them in multiple installments.
Application at the service counter

* Requests for certificates can be made at the service counter only by students and research students of the Faculty of Agriculture/Graduate School of Agricultural and Life Sciences.

■Location of the service counter

  • Yayoi campus Agriculture building no.3 1st floor  (Campus map)
  • Student Service Center, Student support team (central countertop)

■Office hours

  • Office hours : Weekdays 9:00 ~17:00 [From 2020/10/01~]
    * Operating hours may change due to the new year holiday season, entrance examinations, etc.

■How to Apply

  • Fillin a certificate application form at the service counter or hand in a filled-out copy of a certificate application form(PDF).
  • To request a certificate at the service counter, personal identification (Student ID, Research student ID, Driver’s license, Passport, Health insurance card, etc.) is required.


C:Application by mail
Application by mail

Prepare documents [1]~[3] and mail them to [Mailing Address].
[1] application form (below), [2] paper copy of personal identification, [3] self-addressed envelope

  • Please note that applications by e-mail, telephone, or fax will not be accepted. In addition, any requests regarding certificates, such as forwarding the certificate by e-mail, will also not be accepted.
  • Certificates can be sent only to the applicant or a family member living in Japan and not to any other location or a contractor.
  • For applications by mail, the date of receipt of the application is when the application documents arrive at the office in charge. Please allow plenty of time when applying.
  • From October 2021, Japan Post's Standard Mail Services will suspend delivery on Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays, and change the delivery days (Japan Post website). If you are in a hurry, please apply for "Express Mail".
  • There is no processing fee for certificates. However, please note that a certificate will not be sent to you without a self-addressed envelope with a stamp attached.
[ 1 ] Application form
Application form (format)


*This application form can also be used when applying at the service counter.

  • Check and confirm the section marked 「Please read before applyingon the 2nd page of the application form.

  • If, for some reason, you cannot download a PDF of the application form, please prepare a substitute document with the following information.
1. Name (Kanji, Furigana, Alphabet : for English certificates only)
2. Date of Birth (yyyy/mm/dd)
3. Current residence, Contact information (Phone Number, e-mail address)
4. Date of Entrance and Graduation/Withdrawal (Year and Month)
 For undergraduate certificates : Admission year to the university, year of entrance to the Faculty of Agriculture
For graduate certificates : Date of Entrance
5. Information about the enrolled faculty, department.
 For Undergraduate certificates : Enrolled major or department
For graduate certificates : Enrolled department and course
6. Student ID number (former student ID number)
For Undergraduate certificates : Student ID number for the Faculty of Agriculture
For graduate certificates :Student ID number for theGraduate School of Agricultural and Life Sciences
7. Purpose
8. Where to submit the certificate
9. (For English certificates only) Certificates previously obtained and the date of issue
10. Information regarding the required Certificate (Type of certificate, number of copies, Language: Japanese or English)
11. How to send (sealed, not-sealed, etc.)
  • If a sealed envelope is required, specify it in the relevant section of the application. Additionally, please submit a non-standard-size envelope (a larger envelope than a standard-size envelope). A sealed envelope will be provided by the Faculty of Agriculture. If there are specific instructions about the sealed envelope (example below), please state the requirements clearly.
     Example :2 sets of sealed envelopes containing 1 certificate of student status and 1 academic transcript each.
  • Notes: regarding academic transcripts for the undergraduate junior division(1st and 2nd year)

    For those having enrolled in the senior division (3rd and 4th year) at the Faculty of Agriculture before April 1997, the Faculty of Agriculture cannot issue an academic transcript for the undergraduate junior division (1st and 2nd year). Please make inquiries to the Educational Affairs Division, College of Arts and Sciences (Komaba Campus).

[ 2 ] Copy of Personal Identification

A copy of a personal ID document (driver’s license, passport, health insurance card, etc.) is necessary for proof of identification.

  • When applying by proxy, the proxy must be granted power of attorney (by a signed document from the applicant). The proxy must also provide a copy of his/her identification information.

    Letter of Proxy (PDF)
[ 3 ] Self-addressed envelope

Place a postage stamp of the appropriate amount on an envelope self-addressed to the applicant.

  • From October 2021, Japan Post's Standard Mail Services will suspend delivery on Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays, and change the delivery days (Japan Post website). If you are in a hurry, please attach stamps for "Express Mail" to the Self-addressed envelope.

  • Certificates are A4 size. If the self-addressed envelope is standard-sized, it will be sent folded.If a sealed envelope or multiple copies of certificates are necessary, please use a non-standard size envelope.

  • A postage stamp from the [Japan Post] is necessary for international posts. If a Japan Post postage stamp is not available, please confer with a resident (family member) in Japan to become a proxy or purchase an International Reply Coupon (IRC) from the postal service at your current location.

■ Example stamp costs■
  • The following information is for regular mail.        Please refer to the Japan Post Website for other delivery forms such as express mail.

    Make sure to attach a postage stamp of the appropriate amount.

Seal Self-addressed
Number of Certificate Copies
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10



Standard Size 84 Yen 94 Yen
Non-standard size 120 Yen 140 Yen



Non-standard size 120 Yen 140 Yen 210 Yen
[ Mailing Address ]

The Undergraduate Student Section, Faculty of Agriculture
(or The Graduate Student Section, Graduate School of Agricultural and Life Sciences )
The University of Tokyo 1-1-1, Yayoi, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo, 113-8657,

  • When applying for certificates from both undergraduate and graduate schools, you can use either of the mailing addresses.
  • Inscribe [Request for Certificate Issuing included] on the front of the envelope.


2.Inquiries regarding certificates for current students

■Inquiries regarding undergraduate certificates

  • Undergraduate Student Section, Academic Affairs Division, Faculty of Agriculture
  • E-mail: gakubu.a〔at

■Inquiries regarding graduate certificates

  • Graduate Student Section, Agricultural and Life sciences office of academic affairs
  • E-mail: daigakuin.a〔at

■Office hours

  • Weekdays 9:00-12:00, 13:00-17:00 [From 2020/10/01 ]
    *Office hours may change due to the new year holiday season, entrance examinations, etc.